Friday, July 17, 2009

The Reader


She rescues him after finding him collapsed in the street. Soon after, the 30 something woman and teenage boy begin an intense and passionate affair. Hanna and Michael meet as often as they can, their sexual encounters punctuated by his reading of beautiful literature to her. Then one day, she disappears. Eight years later, Hanna is on trial for a Nazi war crime and Michael, now a law student, discovers her again in the court room, unaware that he holds the key to her salvation.......
I read this book last year and loved it. The picture is true to the book and is well worth a viewing. Have a look at the following link to "At The Movies" and see how Margaret and David rated this excellent movie. I agree with Margaret on the score for this movie.
I think I related to this movie and story not because it happened to me, but isn't it every boys dream to have an affair with an older woman?............well for most of us!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My comments to you seem to work. Like you I read the book great like you I saw the movie (both of them great)

    ReplyDelete